Digital prescribing offers dentists and labs a powerful tool for safely and efficiently managing their patients' restorative cases. Compared to paper-based prescribing, RxConnect will enhance the patient's overall experience, improve prescribing accuracy and efficiency, while reducing remake costs. For dentists who choose to subscribe to RxConnect’s digital prescribing, improved quality and efficiency will be evident along with great potential for cost reduction.
More specifically, RxConnect has tangible benefits to the patients, dentists and labs, including the following:
- RxConnect offers a greatly improved quality of care. Illegible handwritten prescriptions are eliminated, thus decreasing the risk of errors while simultaneously decreasing risks related to liability.
- Verbal miscommunications regarding prescriptions are reduced, as RxConnect prescribing decreases the need for phone calls between dentists and dental laboratories.
- Warning and alert systems are provided at the point of care. The system can enhance an overall dental management process through clinical support that performs checks against the patient's current need and diagnoses. Based on these algorithms, the system can alert prescribers to contradictions or missing data. The computer can also ensure that clear and unambiguous instructions are encoded in a structured message to the dental laboratory.
- RxConnect prescribing also allows for increased access to the patient's dental records.
- Reduced time spent on phone calls and callbacks to the laboratory translates into more time available for the dentist to focus on other important functions. Ultimately, this improves dental office workflow efficiency and overall productivity.
- Providing greater mobility — when using mobile devices like a laptop or tablet computer, with a wireless network, prescribers can write digital prescriptions anywhere, anytime.
- RxConnect’s digital prescribing system enables automated analytic tools to produce queries and reports, which are nearly impossible with a paper-based system.
- By reducing remakes and avoiding a patient rescheduling, RxConnect has paid for itself for the entire year!